Knox Frank was an accomplished backcountry skier, mountaineer, community member, mentor and friend. Knox passed away doing what he loved in 2012. This scholarship honors Knox’s memory as a skier, community member, mentor and friend. The chosen winner will receive a FREE avalanche education package in Knox’s beloved backcountry community of Crested Butte, CO,
• Enrollment in any scheduled AIARE Level 1, Level 2, or Refresher Course with Irwin Guides.
• Lodging from Irwin Guides.
• Breakfast supplied by Gas Café.
• Evening food and beverages provided by The Brick Oven Pizzeria and Pub.
• Day pass to CB Nordic trails and rental Nordic gear.
Applicants are required to submit a short video (no more than 3 minutes) or an essay (no more than 2000 words) describing who you are, your passion for the outdoors and for skiing, and how you will use your newfound knowledge to educate your community and/or friends. We also need to know:
• Where you live
• What course you are interested in
• Your age (you must be 18 or older)
• Your telephone number
Upon completion of the course, the scholarship recipient will be required to provide the following:
• An essay about what they learned
• 5 pictures from the course
• A thank you note to the scholarship committee and sponsors
All applications are due on or before, November, 22nd, 2017
The winner will be announced December 1st 2017, via telephone. All applicants and friends are invited to a party held in honor of Knox’s birthday on January 26, 2018, at The Brick Oven Pizzeria & Pub, 223 Elk Avenue, Crested Butte, CO.