- Feb 2 - Ground Hog Day Clinic
- Feb 9 - Ice Festival Primer
- Feb 10 - Lake City Ice Climbing Festival
- Feb 11 - Backcountry Waterfall Ice Climb
- Feb 14 - Sweetheart Challenge - Learn to Ice Climb Together
- Mar 10 & 11 - Spring Fling
The small mountain town of Lake City, Colorado is one of the newest areas in the country to have recently developed their own local ice park. Scenic, accessible and peaceful, you are likely to have the place to yourself.
Located right in town, the Lake City Ice Park has around 15 routes with 60 to 100ft pitches with mixed grades WI 3 to 5. A trip to Lake City will not only provide a day of rugged ice climbing, but a visit to the town itself is an experience to be had. With a year round population of under 1,000 people, the locals are extremely hardy folk with a wealth of backcountry and outdoor experience. This National Historic District is surrounded by national forest and incredible peaks; you’ll take a step back in time with a slow pace of living and leave with an enormous respect for the surrounding area.
For those already familiar with the basics of ice climbing, or those looking for a more adventurous and truly wilderness experience, the North San Juan Mounatins backcountry surrounding Lake City offers many moderate and long multi-pitch ice climbs, such as the local gem “Sherman Falls” a 4-pitch WI5 line.
The Lake City Ice Park has around 15 routes with 60 to 100 foot pitches with mixed grades WI 3 to 5.The ice routes are created by a series of pipes that run from the city water tanks to the park.The park is a hour drive from Crested Butte
- Inclusions: a professional guide and all technical ice climbing gear if you do not have your own
- Exclusions: food, personal gear
- A detailed packing list will be provided upon reservation
- A freshly prepared sack lunch can be added for an additional $15/day