The Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park is well respected within the climbing community and rightfully so. The canyon's walls drop precipitously nearly 2700 vertical feet to the canyon's floor - offering rock faces and routes to challenge intermediate to expert climbers.
Don't miss the opportunity to climb with one of our professional guides - some of the best climbing instructors in the country. They will offer an added level of safety, knowledge and expertise allowing you to relax and push yourself to a whole new level.
Some of our favorite routes include:
- Maiden Voyage (5.9 III) Clean and classic, THE introductory Black Canyon climb
- Casually Off-Route (5.9 III) With the canyon rim finish, a 10-pitch moderately graded adventure climb
- Leisure Summer (5.9 III) A combination of 2 great routes on the North Chasm View Wall at an enjoyable grade
- Escape Artist (5.10- III) Includes a head-spinning Vector Traverse
- Comic Relief (5.10 III) Splitter crack climbing
- Journey Home (5.10 IV) Steep, and sustained crack climbing. Full-Value for the grade!
- Russian Arete (5.9+ IV) A Layton Kor classic, with awesome position and exposure
- Moveable Stoned Voyage (5.10 IV) An enjoyable adventurous line from river to rim up the North Chasm View Wall
- Scenic Cruise/The Cruise (5.10+ V) Ultra Classic for those climbing solidly at the grade