Chamonix, France is widely considered the birthplace of alpinism, and continues to be the epicenter of the vertical world. Only one hour from the Geneva, Switzerland airport, Chamonix holds a lifetime of climbing potential. An ascent of Mont Blanc is an intermediate level climb at moderate to high elevation and requires good fitness but basic climbing skills. The use of lifts, trams and trains speed our ascent out of the valley and mountain refuges provide comfortable bunks and meals, allowing us to climb with small daypacks.
Day 1: Arrive in Geneva, Switzerland. Transfer to Chamonix (not included), welcome dinner
- Day 2: Gear check, ascend to Albert Premier hut, practice glacier travel skills
- Day 3: Ascent of Petite Forche via Glacier de Tour, cross Trient Plateau and descend to Trient hut
- Day 4: Ascent of Aiguille de Tour, descent via Col de Tour and return to Chamonix
- Day 5: Ascend via train and hiking to Tete Rousse hut
- Day 6: Ascend Gouter Ridge to the summit of Mont Blanc and return to Gouter hut
- Day 7: Descend back to Chamonix to celebrate
- **Climbing routes and itinerary subject to change based on weather, route conditions and guide judgment. Suitable alternatives will be selected and refunds can not be given due to changes.
More technical routes, including the Trois Mont route, are also available. Please inquire for details.